Many of the treatments used to fight cancer come with their own side effects that reduce the quality of life for the sufferer. Often patients are so happy to have survived that they feel they must just put up with these side effects and don't realize that there can be treatments to help. One of the most common negative outcomes of cancer treatments for women is vaginal atrophy. This can be the direct result of irradiating the pelvis or from taking anti-oestrogen medications post breast cancer or from removal of the ovaries in a full hysterectomy.
The side effects of cancer treatments in women can lead to these symptoms:
- Vaginal wall laxity and prolapse
- Vaginal atrophy
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal itch and irritability
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Recurrent urinary symptoms of frequency, urgency and pain - stress incontinence (e.g. wee when sneeze)
- Recurrent urinary infections
- Deep and superficial pain on sex
- Loss of sexual sensitivity
Fortunately Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation can help with these symptoms.
Still not convinced? Read our FAQ to ease your mind.