When women carry large amounts of weight the heavier abdominal organs act similar to a foetus in pregnancy and put strain on the pelvic floor to weaken it. Once the weight is lost the stretched collagen tissue layers cannot contract fully and become lax throughout the pelvis and including the vaginal walls. The drop in stored body oestrogen seen with excess weight loss can also exacerbate vaginal symptoms.
Excess weight loss can thus lead to all the below symptoms:
- Vaginal wall laxity or prolapse
- Vaginal atrophy
- Menopausal symptoms
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal itch and irritability
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Recurrent urinary symptoms of frequency, urgency and pain - stress incontinence (e.g. wee when sneeze)
- Recurrent urinary infections
- Deep and superficial pain on sex
- Loss of sexual sensitivity
Fortunately Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation can help with these symptoms.
Still not convinced? Read our FAQ to ease your mind.